• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inver Grove Heights, Rosemount, County of Dakota Minnesota Violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FreddyO

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding two violations that I received on 07/16/2011 that I'm hoping someone can shed some light.

I was speeding on US-52S (towards Rochester) from visiting Mall of America to my friends family house located in Hastings when I came up to a marked Inver Grove Heights Police Officer car. We drove together speeding for the most part for at least 3 miles, and then we both merged left onto MN-55 E/Courthouse Blvd E where he slowed down, and I passed him (at speed limit). Lanes merged and I was driving in front of him for approximately 2 miles speeding when he decided to pull me over in the city of Rosemount.

Upon pulling me over, he explained that he paced me at 84 mph at a 55 mph zone on MN-55 E, and also claimed that I was following vehicle closer than reasonable; two violations.

My question is: He's a Inver Grove Heights police officer that pulled me over and ticketed me in the City of Rosemount. He's also using two different locations for violations. Can I contest the location/s of the tickets and his jurisdiction?

The only challenge is that I live in Chicago, IL and don't see myself driving/flying back to MN anytime soon, mainly for court appearance.

Thank you so much for your time!

- Freddy O.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding two violations that I received on 07/16/2011 that I'm hoping someone can shed some light.

I was speeding on US-52S (towards Rochester) from visiting Mall of America to my friends family house located in Hastings when I came up to a marked Inver Grove Heights Police Officer car. We drove together speeding for the most part for at least 3 miles, and then we both merged left onto MN-55 E/Courthouse Blvd E where he slowed down, and I passed him (at speed limit). Lanes merged and I was driving in front of him for approximately 2 miles speeding when he decided to pull me over in the city of Rosemount.

Upon pulling me over, he explained that he paced me at 84 mph at a 55 mph zone on MN-55 E, and also claimed that I was following vehicle closer than reasonable; two violations.

My question is: He's a Inver Grove Heights police officer that pulled me over and ticketed me in the City of Rosemount. He's also using two different locations for violations. Can I contest the location/s of the tickets and his jurisdiction?

The only challenge is that I live in Chicago, IL and don't see myself driving/flying back to MN anytime soon, mainly for court appearance.

Thank you so much for your time!

- Freddy O.
Nope.

Why would you SPEED alongside a marked car for several miles?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">