• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jumped a red light

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tweets2184

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I am currently driving on international permit and jumped a red light on my friends car.I got a ticket for it.
I have time till august to contest it.I am also in the process of getting my US drivers license..Will the ticket affect my insurance rates once i buy a car.Or will it not be considered since i was driving on an international permit while i will apply for the insurance only once i get my permanent license here..

I_Got_Banned

oops..sorry...Georgia
You know what?

I had "Georgia on my mind" when I was reading your post but I wasn't sure! :D

The answer to your question is:

It depends on how the citation is filed in court and reported to the Georgia DMV. For example, if you use your International license as a reference to get your GA DL then there's a pretty good chance it might.

racer72

I'm surprised the so called "international license" was accepted, most states don't recognize them as a valid driver's license.

FlyingRon

I'm surprised the so called "international license" was accepted, most states don't recognize them as a valid driver's license.
Georgia accepts students driving on out of state or even foreign country drivers license. The international license is just a translation of the foreign license (you need to still have the latter).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">