• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just got a citation for speeding and tailgating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bgarabian

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I'm a NC resident.

I just got a ticket for speeding (85 in a 65) on I-40 in North Carolina. On top of that he also cited me for tailgating. I got a ticket and a court date that that states that I must appear in District Court--the state trooper didn't even include a fine on the ticket. I plan to get a laywer but I'm nervous about what will happen to me. This is my 2nd speeding offense, my first one was for 89 in a 65, but it was reduce to 9 over the speed limit, 74 in a 65--I got that ticket in 2004, no points on my lisence as long as I didn't get any tickets for 3 years and the 3 year mark has passed. I got a warning last year and I got a ticket because I caused an accident. The end result of the accident was me going to court and proving that my insurance company had taken care of the damages to the other car involved, can't remember if it involved points on my license but once I went to count that was the end of it. Does anyone know what I should expect when I go to court when I go? I've never been citated for tailgating before.

Is this a reckless ticket?

The car that the state tooper claim I was tailgating was speeding as well, and the state trooper was marked, he said he clocked me and said because he caught me the other guy got away--boy do I feel like an idiot.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">