• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just got a speeding ticket by a Suffolk officer in Nassau

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ant

What is the name of your state? NY

I was in the HOV lane when a Suffolk officer gave me a speeding ticket (1180b) for driving 75 mph in a 55 mph. This is my first violation.

Could you advise as to what defenses? Or information you could impart would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
ant

Happy Trails

ant said:
What is the name of your state? NY

I was in the HOV lane when a Suffolk officer gave me a speeding ticket (1180b) for driving 75 mph in a 55 mph. This is my first violation.

Could you advise as to what defenses? Or information you could impart would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
ant
We get a lot of posters that come to this site w/speeding tickets asking for a defense. To put it simply you were guilty of speeding, it's hard to come up with a defense for that.

In NY:
Speeding 11-20 MPH is a 4 point violation.

Fines for a speeding ticket 11-30 MPH can range from $90-$300 (some municiples can tack on additional fees.)

Possible jail sentence 0-15 days.

Just an FYI:
Also New York has a surcharge that you will get charged if you get 6 points or more in traffic violations. It is a $100 per year for 3 years (for 6 points) and $25 more for every point above that. (Ouch!)

Happy Trails

sukharev said:
Let me tell you why this is: because this forum is called "Speeding and other violations" :D

If you would like to read someone a cermon, go to www.saynotospeeding.org
What part of my post did you think I was preaching at him?

The poster asked, "Or information you could impart would be much appreciated".

The information I provided is information to help make the poster wiser. Hopefully, the poster will be able to keep from getting anymore violations that could add up to 6 points.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">