• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenile violation: license suspension?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

epec254

What is the name of your state? OH

Background: I have one minor moving violation (illegal left turn) on my record as a juvenile.
I recently got a ticket for having someone riding on the outside of the vehicle (shaker hts code 1171.06d) and not have a seatbelt on (I did, but I had taken it off to get the insurance papers out before the cop got there--two people can attest to this).

I was told last time I was in juvenile traffic court, if I got another moving violation when I was under 18, they would suspend my license. I am literally 3 days away from being 18. So my question is: what is my best option to avoid getting my license revoked? Are these offenses even moving violations? The Ohio driver's education booklet says that the seatbelt violation ISN'T..but I couldn't find anything on the other violation. How should I plea to the seatbelt violation--since I did have it on when I was driving?

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">