• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Large Speeding Ticket in TN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

netcsk

What is the name of your state? Tennessee in Marion County with a city officer.

Got a 78 in a 30. A few small points that may or may not matter to the judge: It is a section of the road that they are wanting to change to a 45 limit (still a big fine with that speed anyway), and the officer did not right the fine amount on the ticket even though he did mark that it could be paid by mail.

I have been to court for two tickets before (over a year ago while I was 17 -- now I'm 18) in the same court house and I was able to get out with a fine for one and driving school for the other and both of them were thrown out of court when I returned. Will they be able to see this and hurt me moreso because it looks bad, or will my record still look clean?

What kind of fine will I be looking at, what are the chances of me getting out without any points, and is there anyway I can get out of this or help my chances?

What difference would this make on my insurance if I was to get fined for the actual speed?

I had an excuse that I told the officer that is fairly legit, and depending on how the judge is, he may or may not appreciate it. I had just finished the headgasket on my car (pretty heafty engine work) that day, and was running the engine out. I immediately slowed down when I topped out third gear and didn't see the cop until he pulled out behind me. It was also at midnight (roads were nearly empty).

Thanks for any advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">