• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lasr speeding Ticket-HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rtucd

What is the name of your state? CA
I got a speeding ticket doing 64 in 40 zone on Sepulveda in West Los Angeles. The police officer used a Laser gun and was on the opposite side of the street. I was coming around a curve and he must have used the lazer gun diagonally. I heard/read that laser guns can only be used in parallel techniclly, does anyone have any information on this? How do I find out what kind of Laser gun the LAPD use? I was driving my mom's car which is much more powerful than mine, can I use this as a defense? Any other help would be appreciated.

efflandt

Did you take triginometry in school yet?

If you were at some angle other than dead on, the speed indicated by laser or radar would be lower than your actual speed. Therefore, you would have actually been going faster than clocked, which is no defense.

Pugilist

Do a google on "speed trap law" and "california." And go to library and get Fight Your Ticket, by David Brown, and look up "speed trap" in the index.

Pug

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">