• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

last speeding question, i swear!?!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmatty89

What is the name of your state? California

I know i'v asked alot of questions but this is the last one. i got a speeding ticket, it does not have the courte date on the ticket, there supose to send one to me in the mail, is there any possibility they would send me a fine instead of having to go to courte?

fairisfair

yes, it is possible, have you tried calling them and asking if there is a fine standard to your citation, that you might just pay in lieu of going to court?

xmatty89

yes, it is possible, have you tried calling them and asking if there is a fine standard to your citation, that you might just pay in lieu of going to court?
uhh no i havent tried. I got the ticket on friday, would it be too late to call today? Also, who do i call?

fairisfair

uhh no i havent tried. I got the ticket on friday, would it be too late to call today? Also, who do i call?
the name of the court and contact information should be on the ticket, if not, call the police department that issued the citation, they should be able to direct you.

CdwJava

If the time and date are not in the ticket, and presuming this is California, I'd say that he was cited into Juvenile Court. In that case, the Juvenile Probation department will contact him with the time, date, and location of the hearing. This will take between two and four weeks - depending on jurisdiction.

I would recommend that if he hears nothing in three weeks that he contacts the Juvenile Probation office in the county where the cite was issued and ask about it.

- Carl

xmatty89

im 16, but i havent told my parents about it, and i have alot of money to pay for the ticket, so id rather just pay for the ticket instead of going to courte

CdwJava

xmatty89 said:
im 16, but i havent told my parents about it, and i have alot of money to pay for the ticket, so id rather just pay for the ticket instead of going to courte
You will have to appear in court or at the probation department WITH your parents. Even on the off chance you were permitted to pay it yourself without them, they will STILL find out when their insurance rates go through the roof.

they are going to find out. As a parent, I'm telling you that it woul dbe better to come from you. If one of my son's hid this from me, their freedom would be gone along with their access to ANY motor vehicle ... not to mention the shredding of the driver's license and a host of other punishments. But, then, I would have dropped the hammer two tickets earlier.

- Carl

G

Gevalia

Just one more little thing.

It's court. Court. Court, court, court, court, court.

There's no "e" in, or at the end of, court.

C-O-U-R-T.

COURT COURT COURT!

Just wanted to clear that up. Good luck. Thanks.

Oh, and tell your parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">