• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

late ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

burnt

I live in PA and was recently pulled over for speeding. Here's the story: I was driving back to school on a sunday nite about 12AM. I was the only one on interstate 78 when i entered into a construction zone and the speed limit was 40MPH. I got behind a bus that was moving extremely slow as the construction zone was coming to an end. When the construction zone ended i began to pass the bus and i noticed two cars behind me were coming up rather fast. So i sped up and past the bus. When i got over into the left lane the two cars went flying by me. Now here is the funny part. No word of a lie about a mile ahead i see this light in the middle of the road. At first i had no idea what it was but when i got close i noticed that it was a cop flaging me to pull over with his flash light. He came up to my window and asked me how fast i was going and i told him i didnt know. Then he said when he drove past me he clocked me for going 90 in a 65 and he had said the van that passed me was goin 100(cuz he had both of us pulled over). Now i know i probably wasnt goin 65 but i sure as heck know i wasnt going anywhere near 90. I never had to sign anything and he told me i would get my ticket in the mail. well that was about 3 months ago so i assume im not getting it now. what i want to know is (1) can he pull me over for speeding just by driving past me and (2) i heard that you have to sign something or other when you get a ticket is that true. also, i didnt have my insurance card and i had a headlight out and he told me i would get a $100 ticket for each. i dont understand how i got off cuz he wasnt to nice of a guy. oh yeah, he was a state cop driving an unmarked car, not that its erralavent

V

Vincent Cosent

Consider yourself lucky!!

See, all cops aint that bad.Someone driving at night with one headlight and passing other vehicles and not even paying attention to their speed should thank that officer for slowing them down.I would recommend that you find some police officer and offer to buy them lunch in appreciation for their compassionate attitude towards people like you.

B

burnt

first of all i know i was lucky. second of all i never said anything bad about cops. and how was your response in anyway answering my question

V

Vincent Cosent

OK! OK!

Yes he can pull you over any way he wants to.With a flashlight,driving past you,even with a gun.AS far as signing for your tickets im sure you probably do but just to be sure ask the officer when you take him to lunch.

B

burnt

i know he can pull me over anyway he wants to(as of off the road). what i was asking is, when he drove past me can he clock me for speeding. i dont see how he can tell how fast i was goin just by driving past me

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">