• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

learners permit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fabiangomez357

Texas

Humble texas to be exact.

my nephew only has had his learners permit for 2 of the 6 months needed till he gets his license. He's only 17. He went out and got pulled over for having a headlight go out on him, and didn't have a driver 21+ with him in the car. He got a citation for both obviously and now needs to know what his options are and if he should plead guilty, not guilty, or no contest.

is defensive driving even an option to pursue until he gets his license because of age and learners permit, will he lose points, punished to wait till 18 or 21, he's unsure at this point till he goes and visits with the judge soon, but would like more info before going in blind.

anybody deal with this before or know someone who has?

thanks in advance.

fabiangomez357

as you can see it's my first day on the boards, and i didn't know where to post it best so that others who go through this could best benefit from the community response, so i posted it in both sections to yield best community response and sharing, but instead pointing out the double post was more important, i'll take down the post and delete the threads within the hour. i expected more, but now i know better.

Antigone*

as you can see it's my first day on the boards, and i didn't know where to post it best so that others who go through this could best benefit from the community response, so i posted it in both sections to yield best community response and sharing, but instead pointing out the double post was more important, i'll take down the post and delete the threads within the hour. i expected more, but now i know better.
I've deleted my post so you can get your questions answered here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">