• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaving the scene of an accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

billybob

The state this happened in is South Carolina. My car slid off the road and went into a ditch. I went to my friends house before any police officers showed up to try and get someone to pull my car out with their truck. No body had a truck with any chains at that time, but my friend knew somebody that could do it in the morning. I slept at my friends house and in the morning my car was gone, and i am assuming the police had it towed or impounded. The police office opens tomorrow morning, what should I do about the situation?

seniorjudge

billybob said:
The state this happened in is South Carolina. My car slid off the road and went into a ditch. I went to my friends house before any police officers showed up to try and get someone to pull my car out with their truck. No body had a truck with any chains at that time, but my friend knew somebody that could do it in the morning. I slept at my friends house and in the morning my car was gone, and i am assuming the police had it towed or impounded. The police office opens tomorrow morning, what should I do about the situation?
Go to the cops and tell the truth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">