• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

led underglow legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ledunderglow

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Hi, I am buying led underglow for my car and ive read that it is legal as long as the lamps are not visible and that the color is not blue. Is it legal in california?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Hi, I am buying led underglow for my car and ive read that it is legal as long as the lamps are not visible and that the color is not blue. Is it legal in california?
Why would anyone want to put cop magnets on their car? :cool:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
How old are you?

I don't know why people insist on making their cars look like Christmas trees. To them I say "grow up".

CdwJava

Yeah, I don't know why people want to put these on their cars while they are driving. It WILL attract the attention of the police. You had best have EVERYTHING in good working order if you turn on these "cop magnets" (credit to TheGeekess) because if the cops stop you, they may very well decide to check everything including what's under the hood.

I recommend to people they use these lights in car shows, parades, and when parked - NOT when operating. Using them when operating can and often does result in traffic stops and even citations by some officers who are not as aware of the lighting laws as other officers might be. If you have a lot of time to kill dealing with traffic stops and possible cites, or live out int he sticks where the cops are few and far between, then maybe this is not a big deal for you. But, in a major metro area, this might be bothersome.

keep it legal and have fun with it. It is your time and it's your money to waste
Waste it while you're young and can recover from your mistakes...
and hopefully live through the rest.
.._______________
~ It is said that necessity was the mother of all inventions.
Personally; I have found poverty more inspiring. ~ drr

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">