• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Left turn where prohibited?!!!ADVISE Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aby

What is the name of your state?TX, Houston, Harris county at around 77002 zip code.
Well i was driving an old white van econoline 150, and as i was going on a road and then stoped at a red light, and was looking around like usual and talking to some of my kids in the back, i saw a cop on the left that was like 200meters away and was waving to me to come over or something, and i thought OH so it is ok to turn here, maybe due to construction in the front or something! so i turned to the left when it was green and the cop then stayed in the middle of the road directing me to pull over to the side and issued me a left turn where prohibited violation; ok i did not even see his car any where at all. I dont believe what he did? he tricked me evilishly. He told me that i should not contest the ticket because the last time a lawyer contested the ticket he got, the judge tripled his ticket; that and that the cop is a big shot supervisor or something like that. what ever. I am contesting any way by jury trial that i have reqested.
Is it true that i could walk away with out paying the fine is i said "I would like to see the evidence brought in front of me this instance for my viewing purposes; whats that, you dont have any video proof, only paper stuff you wrote down by your self, and like i am supposed to trust you talk because it was clearly stated in the constitution that your say is the law.Yeah right.
I dont see why i am in this court for, as this officer is clearly wasting my and the jury's time for nonesence.
I think i will start with the evidence stuff first and go on with i did not turn, i was on the right side and going stright the whole time and never turned, i dont know what you are talking about and why you pulled me off for weird accusation, cause the cop was far and did not have a cop car to tape my actions which was his evil plot in the first place trying to get me for some reason.

aby

my question was

Houston, Texas.
I was asking if i asked the cop to present the evidence and he did not have any other than his report that he made in his folder, then does that mean that i am off the hook of paying of the ticket?
if not, could i contest that the cop told me to come over tricking me.

S

seniorjudge

The only time you will get to see the evidence is after you plead not guilty and ask for a trial. Then your lawyer should make a discovery motion.

aby

The thing is that you said to wait for not guilty plead then have my lawyer to do the evidence! which i did not intend for my lawyer to speak for me; i know how to speak and defend my self, just wanted advise as to how to be on the defensive side, rather than to apear as if attacking the officer in the court, that way the jury will see me as a humble man not a proud man that is only trying to save himself pain of the court and not harm any one, which i am trying to do, i dont want any one to be attacked or been taken advantage of, just understand that i did not commit any faults; as the cop waved me to turn left, and i did not know i could do that, thus turning left instead of going around from the front then to the left a few blocks later, because there are many construction going on in downtown that sometimes cops direct traffic to alternative routs which was what i thought the cop did to me, yet trapped me mischiviously into getting a ticket responding with "well you should not have followed my signal, as i was signalling for the other cars over there;" who dare he say that with out holding a sign up or something.
I hope i would win the case and have it dismissed.

fedcop110

so i turned to the left when it was green and the cop then stayed in the middle of the road directing me to pull over to the side and issued me a left turn where prohibited violation
I think i will start with the evidence stuff first and go on with i did not turn, i was on the right side and going stright the whole time and never turned, i dont know what you are talking about and why you pulled me off for weird accusation, cause the cop was far and did not have a cop car to tape my actions which was his evil plot in the first place trying to get me for some reason.
I don't get it, are you saying that you are going to commit perjury?

whats that, you dont have any video proof, only paper stuff you wrote down by your self, and like i am supposed to trust you talk because it was clearly stated in the constitution that your say is the law.Yeah right
of course the officers testimony will suffice. Even if he doesn't have any other evidence.

Did you make an illegal left turn?

Did the officer observe it?

Now if the officer did in fact wave you over, and then write you the ticket you might have a case. Talk to a lawyer.

aby

i am not commiting prejury! I have been mislead into a trap. I dont see how i made a illigal left turn, i have a clean driving record, and been traped by a cop into turning, and saying that i should not contest the ticket and just send a check! why i ask? he said that a lawyer contested his ticket and ended up with triple the fine, becuase he contested! and besides the judge would not hear me out since they know each other well; (am i just supposed to shut up and allow the cop to just walk all over me and take my money and do it because he is above the law and knows that i dont have alot of money which is why i have a van that is all beaten up that is worth less than 300 bucks as apraised by carmax! I did not ask for this problem, it came to me for my bad luck in trusting an officer whose job is to enforce the law and guide mislead citizens on the roads out of problems like during construction time to not get stuck into a closed road; not to trap them to show that he is a good cop because he gave 20 tickets that day making him the downtown hero cop of the week on the expense of the guilty and none guilty drivers.
I am not to going to push it by demanding a response for why waving me over like that! but just to dismiss the ticket; pushing it from his behalf is adding more salt to the injury of comming all the way to court, and spend my time which is forgiven on my side if the ticket would be dismissed. But i have a feeling that the cop will feel disrespected with will fight me for the money instead, to rub is above the law power in my face in front the court attendees. (Very strange person, why be evil when i am not a criminal) is it not enough that world peace is not here, maybe because there are enough people with the personality of the cop in the world, perhaps changing them alittle bit will result in peace, but i am not making that my job. I am not evil.

S

seniorjudge

If you want to plead guilty, then do so and tell the judge you would like to tell him some "mitigating circumstances." (Be sure to use that phrase.)

Then tell the judge your version.

myworld29t

to senior judge

i dont think i saw any solution to the problem the dude asked to the forum, but it is a boring forum any how not my problem

S

seniorjudge

myworld29t said:
i dont think i saw any solution to the problem the dude asked to the forum, but it is a boring forum any how not my problem
fedcop and I both gave correct and legal answers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">