• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal define of running a red light

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jwjenkins

What is the name of your state? Florida.

Please give me the legal define of running a red light. Because I was in the middle of the intersection when the light turn red and I got a ticket for running a red light.

You Are Guilty

jwjenkins said:
What is the name of your state? Florida.

Please give me the legal define of running a red light. Because I was in the middle of the intersection when the light turn red and I got a ticket for running a red light.
(b) Steady yellow indication.--

1. Vehicular traffic facing a steady yellow signal is thereby warned that the related green movement is being terminated or that a red indication will be exhibited immediately thereafter when vehicular traffic shall not enter the intersection.

(c) Steady red indication.--

1. Vehicular traffic facing a steady red signal shall stop before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection or, if none, then before entering the intersection and shall remain standing until a green indication is shown; however: (right on red permitted sometimes)
Now, how do you plan on proving to the Court that you were already in the intersection?

Last edited:

jwjenkins

The yellow light last for 4 seconds. It was a turn signal light. I was only gong 5 to 8 mph through the light. That is how I can prove it.

You Are Guilty

jwjenkins said:
The yellow light last for 4 seconds. It was a turn signal light. I was only gong 5 to 8 mph through the light. That is how I can prove it.
OK, maybe I should have been clearer.

1) What legally admissible evidence (which your statement, above, is not) will you provide to show the yellow lasts for 4 seconds?

2) What legally admissible evidence do you have that proves you were "only going 5 to 8mph through the light"?

(Incidentally, I personally wouldn't admit to the judge that you "only" went 5 to 8mph through the light).

jwjenkins

I plan to video tape the light.

It is a turns signal to go under an overpass. So if is a hard curve. If you are going more than 10 mph your wheels will skeech. Plus the cars line up to this light a wait. So the traffic can never go fast around this turn.

jwjenkins said:
I plan to video tape the light.

It is a turns signal to go under an overpass. So if is a hard curve. If you are going more than 10 mph your wheels will skeech. Plus the cars line up to this light a wait. So the traffic can never go fast around this turn.
Speed is not an issue, as the case was stated. Problem is that a cop says you entered the intersection too late....after the yellow turned to red. You say you entered it anywhere up to 4 seconds earlier. If you have video of the actual event, showing the light and your car, maybe that will help, but probably not.

S

seniorjudge

poppakeith said:
Speed is not an issue, as the case was stated. Problem is that a cop says you entered the intersection too late....after the yellow turned to red. You say you entered it anywhere up to 4 seconds earlier. If you have video of the actual event, showing the light and your car, maybe that will help, but probably not.
I agree, probably not.

But we all know that these quick yellows are a favorite of municipal fundraisers.

A

absconder

Yellow

YELLOW does not mean hurry up and proceed through the intersection,yellow means start the braking process in order to stop.I drove a tow truck and have seen the carnage of lives lost and damaged over people thinking YELLOW means hurry up and proceed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">