+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    jwjenkins is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4

    Legal define of running a red light

    What is the name of your state? Florida.

    Please give me the legal define of running a red light. Because I was in the middle of the intersection when the light turn red and I got a ticket for running a red light.
  2. #2
    You Are Guilty is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10,964
    Quote Originally Posted by jwjenkins
    What is the name of your state? Florida.

    Please give me the legal define of running a red light. Because I was in the middle of the intersection when the light turn red and I got a ticket for running a red light.
    (b) Steady yellow indication.--

    1. Vehicular traffic facing a steady yellow signal is thereby warned that the related green movement is being terminated or that a red indication will be exhibited immediately thereafter when vehicular traffic shall not enter the intersection.

    (c) Steady red indication.--

    1. Vehicular traffic facing a steady red signal shall stop before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection or, if none, then before entering the intersection and shall remain standing until a green indication is shown; however: (right on red permitted sometimes)
    Now, how do you plan on proving to the Court that you were already in the intersection?
    Last edited by You Are Guilty; 03-21-2005 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility
    Once you get to crazy land, it is only a guess on how to get out.
  3. #3
    jwjenkins is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4
    The yellow light last for 4 seconds. It was a turn signal light. I was only gong 5 to 8 mph through the light. That is how I can prove it.
  4. #4
    You Are Guilty is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10,964
    Quote Originally Posted by jwjenkins
    The yellow light last for 4 seconds. It was a turn signal light. I was only gong 5 to 8 mph through the light. That is how I can prove it.
    OK, maybe I should have been clearer.

    1) What legally admissible evidence (which your statement, above, is not) will you provide to show the yellow lasts for 4 seconds?

    2) What legally admissible evidence do you have that proves you were "only going 5 to 8mph through the light"?


    (Incidentally, I personally wouldn't admit to the judge that you "only" went 5 to 8mph through the light).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility
    Once you get to crazy land, it is only a guess on how to get out.
  5. #5
    jwjenkins is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4
    I plan to video tape the light.

    It is a turns signal to go under an overpass. So if is a hard curve. If you are going more than 10 mph your wheels will skeech. Plus the cars line up to this light a wait. So the traffic can never go fast around this turn.
  6. #6
    poppakeith is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by jwjenkins
    I plan to video tape the light.

    It is a turns signal to go under an overpass. So if is a hard curve. If you are going more than 10 mph your wheels will skeech. Plus the cars line up to this light a wait. So the traffic can never go fast around this turn.
    Speed is not an issue, as the case was stated. Problem is that a cop says you entered the intersection too late....after the yellow turned to red. You say you entered it anywhere up to 4 seconds earlier. If you have video of the actual event, showing the light and your car, maybe that will help, but probably not.
  7. #7
    seniorjudge Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by poppakeith
    Speed is not an issue, as the case was stated. Problem is that a cop says you entered the intersection too late....after the yellow turned to red. You say you entered it anywhere up to 4 seconds earlier. If you have video of the actual event, showing the light and your car, maybe that will help, but probably not.
    I agree, probably not.

    But we all know that these quick yellows are a favorite of municipal fundraisers.
  8. #8
    absconder Guest

    Yellow

    YELLOW does not mean hurry up and proceed through the intersection,yellow means start the braking process in order to stop.I drove a tow truck and have seen the carnage of lives lost and damaged over people thinking YELLOW means hurry up and proceed.
  9. #9
    jwjenkins is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4
    I won the case!!! The judge went with my side.
    Last edited by jwjenkins; 04-08-2005 at 08:22 AM. Reason: mis spelled word

Similar Threads

  1. Running Red Light
    By TallonZek in forum Speeding and Other Moving Violations
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 11:33 PM
  2. running a red light
    By blogan in forum Speeding and Other Moving Violations
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 05:05 AM
  3. Running a red light or not?
    By mroach in forum Speeding and Other Moving Violations
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 09:36 PM
  4. Running Red Light
    By AlmostRetired in forum Speeding and Other Moving Violations
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 09:50 PM
  5. Running a red light
    By bzheng in forum Speeding and Other Moving Violations
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2005, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.