+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4

    Legal define of running a red light

    What is the name of your state? Florida.

    Please give me the legal define of running a red light. Because I was in the middle of the intersection when the light turn red and I got a ticket for running a red light.


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by jwjenkins
    What is the name of your state? Florida.

    Please give me the legal define of running a red light. Because I was in the middle of the intersection when the light turn red and I got a ticket for running a red light.
    (b) Steady yellow indication.--

    1. Vehicular traffic facing a steady yellow signal is thereby warned that the related green movement is being terminated or that a red indication will be exhibited immediately thereafter when vehicular traffic shall not enter the intersection.

    (c) Steady red indication.--

    1. Vehicular traffic facing a steady red signal shall stop before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection or, if none, then before entering the intersection and shall remain standing until a green indication is shown; however: (right on red permitted sometimes)
    Now, how do you plan on proving to the Court that you were already in the intersection?


    Last edited by You Are Guilty; 03-21-2005 at 12:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility
    Once you get to crazy land, it is only a guess on how to get out.
  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4
    The yellow light last for 4 seconds. It was a turn signal light. I was only gong 5 to 8 mph through the light. That is how I can prove it.


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jwjenkins
    The yellow light last for 4 seconds. It was a turn signal light. I was only gong 5 to 8 mph through the light. That is how I can prove it.
    OK, maybe I should have been clearer.

    1) What legally admissible evidence (which your statement, above, is not) will you provide to show the yellow lasts for 4 seconds?

    2) What legally admissible evidence do you have that proves you were "only going 5 to 8mph through the light"?


    (Incidentally, I personally wouldn't admit to the judge that you "only" went 5 to 8mph through the light).


    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility
    Once you get to crazy land, it is only a guess on how to get out.
  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4
    I plan to video tape the light.

    It is a turns signal to go under an overpass. So if is a hard curve. If you are going more than 10 mph your wheels will skeech. Plus the cars line up to this light a wait. So the traffic can never go fast around this turn.


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jwjenkins
    I plan to video tape the light.

    It is a turns signal to go under an overpass. So if is a hard curve. If you are going more than 10 mph your wheels will skeech. Plus the cars line up to this light a wait. So the traffic can never go fast around this turn.
    Speed is not an issue, as the case was stated. Problem is that a cop says you entered the intersection too late....after the yellow turned to red. You say you entered it anywhere up to 4 seconds earlier. If you have video of the actual event, showing the light and your car, maybe that will help, but probably not.


  7. #7
    seniorjudge Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by poppakeith
    Speed is not an issue, as the case was stated. Problem is that a cop says you entered the intersection too late....after the yellow turned to red. You say you entered it anywhere up to 4 seconds earlier. If you have video of the actual event, showing the light and your car, maybe that will help, but probably not.
    I agree, probably not.

    But we all know that these quick yellows are a favorite of municipal fundraisers.


  8. #8
    absconder Guest

    Yellow

    YELLOW does not mean hurry up and proceed through the intersection,yellow means start the braking process in order to stop.I drove a tow truck and have seen the carnage of lives lost and damaged over people thinking YELLOW means hurry up and proceed.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4
    I won the case!!! The judge went with my side.


    Last edited by jwjenkins; 04-08-2005 at 09:22 AM. Reason: mis spelled word
+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Running Red Light
    By TallonZek in forum Speeding and Other Moving Violations
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 12:33 AM
  2. running a red light
    By blogan in forum Speeding and Other Moving Violations
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 06:05 AM
  3. Running a red light or not?
    By mroach in forum Speeding and Other Moving Violations
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 10:36 PM
  4. Running Red Light
    By AlmostRetired in forum Speeding and Other Moving Violations
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 10:50 PM
  5. Running a red light
    By bzheng in forum Speeding and Other Moving Violations
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2005, 10:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.