• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this legal procedure?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

freddurst116

ok, im in minnesota, and a month ago was stopped and verbally told my truck was too loud ( i didn't have a muffler or catalytic converter). Today, i was at City Hall getting new tabs, and the cop saw me. He then told me to go outside, start up my truck, and then rev up the engine. He told me it was too loud, looked underneath, and wrote me up for having no muffler. I know i got off easy by not being written up for the catalytic converter, but i just want to know if he could make me start my truck when i wasn't even on the road? thanks.....

P

plifter

I don't think police can lawfully require you to exit a building to go start your vehicle for an inspection. This is just another sign of our freedom being abused by police.

At least he didn't shove a broom handle up your butt! Others aren't quite as lucky.

racer72

Because of the previous stop, the officer had just cause. You could be subject to a fine of up to $5000 if the EPA finds out your catylitic converter is removed.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

plifter said:
At least he didn't shove a broom handle up your butt! Others aren't quite as lucky.
Besides giving great advice on "muffler" law, member "plifter" also says and advises - -

"Sometimes I like to jack off while I'm driving and the tinting gives me a bit of privacy."

- - By member "plifter," February 24, 2002

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">