• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

license revocation in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

supremegoddess

What is the name of your state? NC

My friend got a ticket in May of this year in SC for going 87 in a 70. She paid it. She has an NC driver's license with an NC home address, but is stationed (Army) in GA.

Today (Oct. 28th) I got a letter in the mail for her (my house is her mailing address) dated Oct. 24th and postmarked Oct. 25th stating that as a result of said ticket mentioned above, her licensed was being revoked beginning Nov. 3rd and ending Dec. 3rd. This ticket carries 4 points according to the DMV website. She had no points before.

Complicating factors are that she actually will be getting out of the Army sometime in the next month and will need to move (i.e. drive) her car and such up to NC, where she will be living, as well as get NC plates.

Is there anyway to fight the suspension? If not get rid of it completely, then shorten it? Or use a Driver Safety course to get around it?

She is driving up here tonight and will go talk to the DMV on Monday, so if possible I'd like some advice before then. Should we talk to a lawyer? Would there be anything they could do? :eek:

NC automatically suspends a licence for out of state convictions greater than 80 or more than 15 over the limit. Be prepared for a huge insurance increase also.

If the DMV can't offer an option, see an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">