• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

License Suspended.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abrigs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecitcut

My license has been suspended due to my noncompliance with Connecticut's Passenger Restriction Laws. This issue has occurred twice and therefore my license currently is under suspension until my eighteenth birthday, September 25, 2010.

The scenarios are as follows:

1. I was pulling into a parking spot at which time the vehicle in my passenger side parking spot opened his door into my car. He was determined to be at fault for the accident, however I had passengers in my car at the time and therefore my license was suspended due to it.

* Please note; in Connecticut Law it is required for an officer to suspend your license for an immediate 48 hour period at the time of the issue. However, this officer did not suspend my license, rather he allowed me to drive away from the scene and later called my house claiming no farther action would be taken towards my license due to his failure to suspend it. Because of this I believed I was no longer facing any penalties for my actions on this date.

Three weeks later after my second offense, I received the notice in regards to the first offense due to the CT DMV response time.

2. The second scenario was when I was driving home from school with a passenger in my car. Without my knowledge and obviously without my approval, the passenger proceeded to throw a half full Gatorade bottle out my window at a passing biker. Upon arrival at my house later that night I was greeted by an officer who claimed the woman biking had filed a complaint on my license plate and therefore I was forced to admit to having passengers in my car.

After my first notice, I waited another three weeks, at which time I was mailed my second and final suspension notice in regards to my license.

My only question is; Is there any possible way for me to retrieve my license prior to my eighteenth birthday? If so, how?

Thank you.

JETX

Is there any possible way for me to retrieve my license prior to my eighteenth birthday?
Simple answer... no.

You have already shown a total disregard for the law... why should the state give you another chance??

abrigs

Simple answer... no.

You have already shown a total disregard for the law... why should the state give you another chance??
I'm not here to justify my actions because there is no justification. However, I do believe in second chances and I am attempting to get mine. I know if I was given another chance I would no longer carry passengers in my vehicle under any circumstances, as I have learned from my past mistakes.

abrigs

Uhhh.... You already had your SECOND chance and blew it. You are now asking for a third??
That's illegitimate because of the fact that both events occurred before I was even notified of any penalties from either being enforced. Therefore I did not blow any second chances as this was a single event in it's entirety.

Antigone*

That's illegitimate because of the fact that both events occurred before I was even notified of any penalties from either being enforced. Therefore I did not blow any second chances as this was a single event in it's entirety.

So says you...doesn't mean a whole lot when YOU don't control the actual suspension.

Enjoy the bus.

JETX

Not really. You knew that you were not allowed to drive with a passenger, yet you did it (no telling how many times), you just got CAUGHT twice.
It doesn't matter whether you knew of the suspension or violation... you KNEW you were not complying with the law AT LEAST TWICE.

Quit your whining... and learn that YOU are responsible for your actions and/or conduct.

abrigs

Not really. You knew that you were not allowed to drive with a passenger, yet you did it (no telling how many times), you just got CAUGHT twice.
It doesn't matter whether you knew of the suspension or violation... you KNEW you were not complying with the law AT LEAST TWICE.

Quit your whining... and learn that YOU are responsible for your actions and/or conduct.
I am taking responsibility for my actions and I have yet to disrespect you but with your arrogance and rudeness there obviously isn't much to work with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">