• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

License suspended out of state, license not suspended in state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alleria

I was in the state of arizona, with a nevada Drivers license, i got into a traffic accident that was confirmed to be the other drivers fault, but unfortunately, i was driving without registration, insurance Or proof of identification. When this occurred i was actually in the process of moving back to nevada, so i was unable to attend my court date a month later because i had no place to live, my lease was up etc etc. Anyway, long story short, the ticket occurred about this time last year, so its been delinquent since, as i have paid nothing. I called the nevada DMV recently, as i was under the impression that my ticket would be carried over to my state and the license suspension would carry to all 50 states. To my surprise, my license isnt suspended anywhere except for AZ, and i was told that it would never become suspended, the only repercussion would be that when my license expires, i would not be able to renew it. I called surprise AZ to find out how much i owed, and the woman i spoke to was shocked when i told her it wasnt suspended. I used the DMV website to print out my driving record, and the ticket isnt even on there, after an entire year.

So my question, will there be a warrant issued if this ticket continues to be unpaid, is this ticket going to follow me?

Last edited:

CdwJava

Probably because no one had a good answer for you.

If you failed to show up in court, there may be a warrant for your arrest. If your license is suspended in AZ then when you move to NV do not count on getting a valid license there as they will likely not issue you a valid NV license until you clear the AZ one, and when you live in NV you will be required by law to have a NV license.

- Carl

alleria

my license originated in nv, so it does not need to be reissued, only renewed, so it is a valid nv drivers license. And if there is a warrant in az, would that show up if i were to be pulled over in nv?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">