• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

License suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hmmmmmmm

What is the name of your state?:confused: What is the name of your state? Georgia
My girlfriend got a notice that her license will be suspended as of august 1. As far as I can tell, the suspension is based off of Georgia law that if you are under 18 and accumulate 4 or more points in any 12 month period, your license is suspended for 6 months. She made a wrong left turn which is a 3 point offense and paid the ticket and never thought anymore about it because she didn't think she had any reason to. This happened a few months after having a speeding ticket that got her 2 points. She was never told that the wrong left turn offense would put her over her limit. Had she known, she could have tried to fight it in court. At the time of the ticket that put her over the limit, she was 17, however, the infraction occured nearly four months ago, and she turned 18 during the same month that the last ticket was issued. When you turn 18, you can have up to 12 or 15 points, I'm not exactly sure, but you can't have a single violation that totals 4 points. So I guess what I'm asking is, is it right that she is just now getting notification of said suspension four months after the fact and now that she falls into a different point bracket, and is there any way to fight this license suspension?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">