• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lidar Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mysterion guy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I recently got a speeding ticket on SR-22 for over 65 mph. (22349a) The ticket states I was going 88mph in a 65 mph zone. It is indicated on the ticket the officer used a lidar unit to obtain the speed. However when I drove by the officer, he was just getting in the patrol car as I went by. He had his left hand on the driver’s side door latch and he just saw me over his right shoulder. He had no radar/lidar unit in his hand. Does the CHP have units mounted in the car that don't need to be held/directed at a moving vehicle? If not, the officer is not being truthful. How should I proceed?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

Every one I've seen needs to be pointed. However, it takes only an instant to make the observation. Perhaps you missed it. They have a pretty good range. But sure, bring it up in court if you want.

Maestro64

Your best source of information to fight a LIDAR ticket is at radardector.net. There are number resident experts on how LIDAR works and all the issues associated with its use.

It maybe a laser however it is not a laser like you see the military use or even the visible laser pointers.

However if the officer pulled you over did not have anything in his hand he could have attempted to get a reading over 1000 ft away and he could have just set it down in the car before you got to him, however and probably more likely, there was someone else with the LIDAR unit, who radio to the officer who eventually pulled you over. It not unusually for them to operated in pairs like this.

Any visit site above and you find everything you need to contest a LIDAR ticket in Calf. It is not that hard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">