• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lidar Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mysterion guy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I received a ticket for going 88 in a 65 mph zone by the California Highway Patrol. How do I request the Lidar information for this particular ticket? I don't believe the officer had time to get my speed via lidar because when I passed him he was standing next to his car and he pulled me over very soon after that. I have a court date on January 12th.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

LIDAR measures speed in 3/10 of a second. It works in both directions, too.
Why do you think he didn't have time to shoot your car?

Maestro64

yeah most likely he got you from behind or 1000 ft from where you passed him and he already put the unit back in his car.

Yes LIDAR can measure speeds under a second, however that under perfect conditions like having the unit mounted to a tripod and the targeted vehicle is coming straight on at the LIDAR unit. In the real world it more like a few secs and the real possibility of errors such as pan and slip which the officer will have no idea it occurred and he got a higher speed because of this.

LIDAR us completely invisible and their is no feedback to the officer he actually hit the right spot especially at distances greater then a few hundred feet, the human eye can not resolve enough details beyond 800 feet.

if you want to challenge the LIDAR ticket go to radardetector.net there are people there who know more about LIDAR and CA defense than most here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">