• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Light malfunction question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CITYGIRL811

What is the name of your state? CT incident happened in NY state

I wrote before and have to go back to court on Thursday. At the time of my accident I got a ticket for passin g a red light. When questioned by the trooper I told him it was a blinking yellow. On the form he wrote blinking yellow on the ticket he wrote I said passed a yellow. He told me there are never blinking light at that intersection and that he would check with the DOT for a malfunction.Anyway he later cme to the hopeital and gave me a ticket for passing a red light. He told me that the witnesses told him I passed a red light. I never saw any report for a traffic light malfunction check. I am only pleading not guilty because I know that I did not pass ared light. I hit another truck because as he came through his light on the left I could not stop. The man happens to be from the small town where I got in the accident and apparently one of the witnesses is a retired deputy or something from the town. Any advice for when when I go to court? Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">