• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Light turned red while driving through intersection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rlwebb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Florida, Duval County

I started through an intersection on yellow. Light turned red sometime while I was crossing. Officer in left turn lane pulled me over and gave me a ticket for running a red light. Do I have an chance of contesting this questionable violation? :(

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Florida, Duval County

I started through an intersection on yellow. Light turned red sometime while I was crossing. Officer in left turn lane pulled me over and gave me a ticket for running a red light. Do I have an chance of contesting this questionable violation? :(
Very small chance ... chk & see if the yellow light meets the required time period. If the yellow is too short per regulations then you may get off. You will not be able to argue against the cop's observations .. the judge will rule that, even though he was eating a donut, that his observations are somehow better than yours. You can search this forum for the yellow light time requirements, maybe someone posted them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">