• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Limitations on time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HeatherSS

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia.

Last year, in December 2004, I received a speeding ticket for 95 in a 70. I paid my fine, but was unable to make it to court, which I know mean I plead guilty.
I just now in Janurary of 2006, received a statement saying my liscense is suspened as of December 21, 2005. Is there a limitation to how long it can take the court to process the paperwork and actually suspend my liscense?
I thought my six months of suspension was already done because I got stopped at the beginning of December because I had a tinted liscense plate cover.
I have an Arkansas driver's liscense. (I'm in the military) Can the state of Georgia take my liscense or just suspend my driving priviledges in Georgia?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Heather

lwpat

95 in a 70 does not equal a license suspension in GA. Better call the DMV and find out what is going on. GA can suspend your driving priviledges in GA and Ark can suspend your license.

seniorjudge

Q: I just now in Janurary of 2006, received a statement saying my liscense is suspened as of December 21, 2005. Is there a limitation to how long it can take the court to process the paperwork and actually suspend my liscense?

A: Your suspension began on the date of the notice.

Q: I have an Arkansas driver's liscense. (I'm in the military) Can the state of Georgia take my liscense or just suspend my driving priviledges in Georgia?

A: Both.

HeatherSS

The GA DMV says that if you are under 21, 24 and over is suspendable. I was under 21 at the time of the violation.

However, my main question is their any time limit set for them to process it and actually suspend it?

I think that a year is a little ridiculous considering it's only suspended for 6 months and they've waited twice that for the paperwork.

Maybe I am just being hopefully though.

seniorjudge

HeatherSS said:
The GA DMV says that if you are under 21, 24 and over is suspendable. I was under 21 at the time of the violation.

However, my main question is their any time limit set for them to process it and actually suspend it?

I think that a year is a little ridiculous considering it's only suspended for 6 months and they've waited twice that for the paperwork.

Maybe I am just being hopefully though.

Reporting Convictions

After a conviction of a traffic offense, the court will forward notice of that conviction to the Department.

http://www.dds.ga.gov/drivers/DLdata.aspx?con=1744060376&ty=dl

Maybe there was a lazy court clerk in the background....

HeatherSS

Lazy clerk? Well that clerk was a little bit more than lazy if it took that long. I wonder if I take a defensive driving course if they'll give my driving previlidges back, at least for driving to work. Guess I'll have to call the DMV tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

HeatherSS said:
Lazy clerk? She was a little bit more than lazy if it took that long. I wonder if I take a defensive driving course if they'll give my driving previlidges back, at least for driving to work. Guess I'll have to call the DMV tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
Heather!

What a sexist remark! :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">