• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A little slow around here - CONTEST!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugilist

What is the name of your state?CA

It has slowed down a lot around this forum, so I want to present a brilliant idea I just found on (where else?) a snowboarding forum. Here is their proposal, verbatim:

"As a benefit to our valued forum members, we're contemplating developing a rewards program for the progression of posts amongst registered users. For example, a prize would be awarded for reaching 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 10,000, etc. posts.

"Prizes would consist of (name of ski area) Memorabilia including custom Mousepads, pens, T-shirts, whatever...

"The only way we could achieve this is by setting everyone back to zero. You would still retain your status (hero member, Sr. Member) so that you would be distinguished from being a "newb", but your post count would have to drop to zero so we could track everything.

"What do you think? Is this something you would like to see or is it more important to preserve your post count. Leave your comments and feedback!"

Is this like the best troll ever?

Pug

Just Blue

Bad idea...we would have a bunch of moron posting a bunch of crap so they could win a mouse pad...BAD idea..We have enough crappy moron losers to deal with ....we shouldn't reward them!

sperts

as one of the moron posters i have too agree it is slowing down a bit ..i have knitted two mouspads in the last 10 min.:)

baystategirl said:
Bad idea...we would have a bunch of moron posting a bunch of crap so they could win a mouse pad...BAD idea..We have enough crappy moron losers to deal with ....we shouldn't reward them!
I agree. You would have every idiot and troll posting to achieve the goal...and the postings probably wouldn't be worth a crap.

IMO, It would be a sorry excuse for an MB.

EDIT:..Sorry, I had to add that post count shouldn't matter. Even the most seasoned posters can be wrong on the fifth full moon of the sixth month every 20 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">