• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long ago traffic ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

p.estrellas

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Back in 2004, I got a moving violation for not stopping at a stop sign. At the time, I was a student just leaving college and about to move and in the shuffle, failed to mail out the fine. By the time I realized it, it was overdue, which I can only assume means I have a suspended license. I was moving to Washington DC and sold my car, so it really wasn't relevant, and I was broke so I didn't go back and fix it. (Not the best plan, I know.)

However, it was truly a non-issue up until now. I had been using my passport as my means of ID and didn't drive. Now I have moved back to Ohio (my original home) due to some family concerns and my passport has been misplace in the move. Basically, I need some form of legal ID. My question is - Can I get a state identification card without concern for being arrested for what I can only assume is an outstanding warrant on this traffic violation?

cyjeff

You can try... but probably not.

The state is patient. It will wait until their restrictions upon you force you to come to them. You have reached that place. Why not just pay the ticket and move on? This isn't going away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">