• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost trial (or should I say cangaroo court?) - need appeal lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samolet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Well, it was interesting. The radar was used in moving mode. The manual as well as the case law specifies that the officer must compare the car speed as per speedometer to the patrol speed displayed by the radar.

The judge

a) admitted that the measurement procedure was violated
b) stated that it does not matter, because the radar was working
c) stated that there is no case law (and refused to look at the case law provided)
d) refused to even discuss the question of interferences, for the same reason ("the radar was working")
e) stated that the police vehicle speed is irrelevant (and gave a totally bogus lecture on how he thinks the radar works)

Is it a kangaroo court or what?

I've got convicted of a 4 points speeding offense. I am trying to asses how much would it be to hire a lawyer - I don't have audacity to handle the appeal pro se. Anybody has pointers to good lawyers in Northern NJ?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

Well, it was interesting. The radar was used in moving mode. The manual as well as the case law specifies that the officer must compare the car speed as per speedometer to the patrol speed displayed by the radar.

The judge

a) admitted that the measurement procedure was violated
b) stated that it does not matter, because the radar was working
c) stated that there is no case law (and refused to look at the case law provided)
d) refused to even discuss the question of interferences, for the same reason ("the radar was working")
e) stated that the police vehicle speed is irrelevant (and gave a totally bogus lecture on how he thinks the radar works)

Is it a kangaroo court or what?

I've got convicted of a 4 points speeding offense. I am trying to asses how much would it be to hire a lawyer - I don't have audacity to handle the appeal pro se. Anybody has pointers to good lawyers in Northern NJ?
This is not an attorney referral site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">