• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loud exhaust, spinning tires, no front license plate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

travman870

What is the name of your state? Texas

I got pulled over last night for what the officer called reckless driving. He pulled me over after I accelerated from about 25mph-40mph in a 50mph speed limit zone, so I wasn't speeding. There were no other cars around me except for a car about 200-300 feet in front of me. My exhaust is loud but it passed inspection, and I highly doubt my tires would still spin from a start of 25mph. He also got me for no front license plate, and here in Texas I would say about 1 in 7 cars don't have one. Is there a way to fight this or get any of these charges dismissed? Do I have the right to discovery in Houston, Texas?

racer72

I got pulled over last night for what the officer called reckless driving
Okay.

He pulled me over after I accelerated from about 25mph-40mph in a 50mph speed limit zone, so I wasn't speeding.
You didn't get a speeding ticket so your speed is irrelevent. A person can get a reckless driving ticket at any speed.

There were no other cars around me except for a car about 200-300 feet in front of me.
That made you stand out. Irrelevent to the ticket though.

My exhaust is loud but it passed inspection, and I highly doubt my tires would still spin from a start of 25mph.
Exhaust noise is a judgment call. Same with the tires.

He also got me for no front license plate, and here in Texas I would say about 1 in 7 cars don't have one.
If one out of 7 people jumped off a cliff, would you? Just because others do it doesn't make it legal.

Is there a way to fight this or get any of these charges dismissed?
Yes or maybe. The better the lawyer, the better your odds.

Do I have the right to discovery in Houston, Texas?
Only if your zip code starts with 7.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">