• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LTI 20/20 accuracy problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tom51388

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

It is well known that LTI 20/20 is inaccurate. It is even out of production.
I was ticked with LTI20/20 for speeding.
Is there any legal evidence I can use to defend my case? I need to decide if I need to go to court tomorrow. Thank you so much !

I even saw
"Older Generation I & II police laser guns (ie; LTI 20/20 Marksman, KS Prolaser I/II) - which have long been out of production - today pose little or no threat to drivers as they are no longer used - and were fairly easy to defeat." (http://www.laserveil.com/laser/police/how-veil-fights-police-lidar/). Any suggestions to "fairly easy to defeat"?

OK, I agree that all LIDAR instruments have issues, not just the LTI 20-20.

But you are not an expert, correct?

So your argument against the accuracy of the unit will mean what? Squat.

So, you need to see if you can keep out the supporting documents at trial.

And did not Ohio say that an officer's speed estimate is OK as far as proof goes? Then you'll need to attack this testimony too.

You have trial tomorrow & want to know how to defend yourself today?

Begin learning about the foundation requirements of the LIDAR supporting documents (certificate of calibration, etc), business record exception in Ohio regarding foundation requirements; prepare a good cross examination of the officer in respect to his LIDAR training and speed estimate by eye.

I assume that you have not done discovery so you have limited information walking into court.

You actually need to attack two aspects: 1) LIDAR reading and 2) Officer's speed estimate lose either one & you will lose. Also attack 3) officer's training 4) Certificate of calibration of LIDAR unit

Your time to collect evidence is long past; you have no evidence at this point. The only thing you can have as evidence is the US Patent ... and why produce that??

As you can see, the LTI 20-20 is still a threat ... you are reading a website that is selling something ...

You have an evening of google scholar searching and trial preparation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">