• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lying cop**************

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterRunner

Hello , I am 24 years old and from MA/RI, but this happened in Mass.

Anyways I was with my GF, and Dad, cruising at about 85 MPH, using my signals and driving "safe". I was at Exit 4 on 95 N, when a Mass State trooper came flying up on my ass and pulled me over like I was some kind of criminal, flashing his lights and using his siren in what I thought was excess.

So, he comes up to the car (Audi loaner vehicle) and asks several times in a very rude manner who the salesman was. I politely responed no-one, we are just headed to work. Then he asked me very rudely if I was stupid and then proceeded to tell me I passed him going 90, and he followed me for about 3 miles and I was reaching speeds of up to 110 MPH and weaving dangerously while not signaling. We all know that my GF and dad would NEVER have let me driven in this manner to begin with, not to mention it's just not my style. He took my liscense and reg and walked off to his crusier without addressing my questions I was asking him. Literally walked away when I was in mid-sentance.

After about 5 minutes he returned without saying a word. Thrusted my information and my ticket to me in an almost violent fashion, and drove off without saying another word, again while I was trying to talk to him politely.

The ticket ended up being 685 dollars!!!!! I was "clocked" at 110, and radared at 90. I know for a fact that I did not exceed the high 80's. I feel violated by someone who is supposidly supposed to protect me.... I am going to be appealing this and would like some advise. Anything anyone can give me to help raise my chances of proving this cop was taking advantage of me would be great. I really think he was just angry and decided to take it all out on me. Thanks,

Josh

Just Blue

You were LEGALLY speeding. The limit on that stretch of road is 65. Go to court and see if you can make the Judge believe that you were only 20 something above the legal limit as apposed to 45...:rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I suggest you slow down.

Hello , I am 24 years old and from MA/RI, but this happened in Mass.

Anyways I was with my GF, and Dad, cruising at about 85 MPH, using my signals and driving "safe". I was at Exit 4 on 95 N, when a Mass State trooper came flying up on my ass and pulled me over like I was some kind of criminal, flashing his lights and using his siren in what I thought was excess.

So, he comes up to the car (Audi loaner vehicle) and asks several times in a very rude manner who the salesman was. I politely responed no-one, we are just headed to work. Then he asked me very rudely if I was stupid and then proceeded to tell me I passed him going 90, and he followed me for about 3 miles and I was reaching speeds of up to 110 MPH and weaving dangerously while not signaling. We all know that my GF and dad would NEVER have let me driven in this manner to begin with, not to mention it's just not my style. He took my liscense and reg and walked off to his crusier without addressing my questions I was asking him. Literally walked away when I was in mid-sentance.

After about 5 minutes he returned without saying a word. Thrusted my information and my ticket to me in an almost violent fashion, and drove off without saying another word, again while I was trying to talk to him politely.

The ticket ended up being 685 dollars!!!!! I was "clocked" at 110, and radared at 90. I know for a fact that I did not exceed the high 80's. I feel violated by someone who is supposidly supposed to protect me.... I am going to be appealing this and would like some advise. Anything anyone can give me to help raise my chances of proving this cop was taking advantage of me would be great. I really think he was just angry and decided to take it all out on me. Thanks,

Josh

WinterRunner

You were LEGALLY speeding. The limit on that stretch of road is 65. Go to court and see if you can make the Judge believe that you were only 20 something above the legal limit as apposed to 45...:rolleyes:
Of course I was speeding, but I was in no shape or form going the claimed 110. That is a huge difference in speed as opposed to 80-85 which I'll admit I was doing. I would have just paid the ticket if he gave me an honest one..... My questions are how do I prove this? Can I ask for Audio/video and radar readings proving I was going so fast?

Also what is the difference of being clocked as opposed to radar?

Thanks

Zigner

Of course I was speeding, but I was in no shape or form going the claimed 110. That is a huge difference in speed as opposed to 80-85 which I'll admit I was doing. I would have just paid the ticket if he gave me an honest one..... My questions are how do I prove this? Can I ask for Audio/video and radar readings proving I was going so fast?

Also what is the difference of being clocked as opposed to radar?

Thanks
What speed were you actually CITED for?

WinterRunner

If you are not sure of your speed, how can you be sure that he is wrong? Perhaps the loaner was a "smoother" ride and if you weren't paying attention to your speedometer you just didn't realize...;)
I come from an RS4, a 420 HP Autobahn beast, and I was driving a "base" A4, I was not pushing the car and there was noway i was exceeding anything over mid to high 80's, I am positive about this. I thought this was a help forum? Are you all cops too? :(

Just Blue

I come from an RS4, a 420 HP Autobahn beast, and I was driving a "base" A4, I was not pushing the car and there was noway i was exceeding anything over mid to high 80's, I am positive about this. I thought this was a help forum? Are you all cops too? :(
Nope. I am not a cop. If you are not POSITIVE of you EXACT speed...How on earth can you dispute a Statie? Please...He has proof...What is yours?

WinterRunner

Nope. I am not a cop. If you are not POSITIVE of you EXACT speed...How on earth can you dispute a Statie? Please...He has proof...What is yours?
It was "Estimated" and "clocked" not even radared.... I just re-read the ticket. How does an estimation hold up in court? I'd really like to know how that is proof?

Oh did I mention that he claimed he was following me for 3 miles about a 1/2 mile behind me?

Just Blue

It was "Estimated" and "clocked" not even radared.... I just re-read the ticket. How does an estimation hold up in court? I'd really like to know how that is proof?

Oh did I mention that he claimed he was following me for 3 miles about a 1/2 mile behind me?
So...Bring your witnesses to court and a attorney (if you can afford it) and contest the ticket. Let us know how you did...:)

Zigner

He PACED you man - don't you get it? He followed you at 110 mph for THREE MILES. How do you plan to dispute that (hint: "I was only doing 80-85 and never more than the high 80's" is only an indication that you have no idea how fast you were going)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">