• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MA 90/17 and 90/18 Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ma_playa

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

A quick question for those that would like to help me. I recently received a citation for going 41 in a 30. My question about the ticket is this: I thought either 90/17 or 90/18 had to be checked? Neither is checked but posted, lidar, an estimated were checked. He didn't ask me why I was stopped I didn't say anything besides hello officer. He asked for license and registration. I gave my license to him but couldn't give him my registration because the handle on my glove box broke off. And I showed him it. Part was on order to get it fixed. He said that is problem now I have to give you a citation. He gave me a warning for the reg not being in my possession and a speed of 41 in a 30. I didn't say anything to hurt my chances I just said thank you once he told me how to appeal or pay the citation.

Any reason neither 90/17 or 90/18 weren't checked?

Orcons

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

A quick question for those that would like to help me. I recently received a citation for going 41 in a 30. My question about the ticket is this: I thought either 90/17 or 90/18 had to be checked? Neither is checked but posted, lidar, an estimated were checked. He didn't ask me why I was stopped I didn't say anything besides hello officer. He asked for license and registration. I gave my license to him but couldn't give him my registration because the handle on my glove box broke off. And I showed him it. Part was on order to get it fixed. He said that is problem now I have to give you a citation. He gave me a warning for the reg not being in my possession and a speed of 41 in a 30. I didn't say anything to hurt my chances I just said thank you once he told me how to appeal or pay the citation.

Any reason neither 90/17 or 90/18 weren't checked?
No idea why the cop did not check one off. Since he checked posted, though, 90-18 applies. The basic speed law, 90-17, only applies if the limit is not posted. If the limit is posted then the posted limit supercedes the limits in 90-17 and 90-18 governs.

Good luck.

Ma_playa

No idea why the cop did not check one off. Since he checked posted, though, 90-18 applies. The basic speed law, 90-17, only applies if the limit is not posted. If the limit is posted then the posted limit supercedes the limits in 90-17 and 90-18 governs.

Good luck.
I just got my magistrate hearing notice and on this notice it lists 90-17 as the checked issue not 90-18. This road is always under enforcement, I am having my friend go try to find the speed study information for the road. Do you think having 90-17 instead of 90-18 will help me out?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">