• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maine-Speeding ticket--but some information is missing/incorrect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imjem

I received a speeding ticket this morning. There is information missing from my ticket---the color of my car and the year are missing/not filled in, and the Body type is listed as a station wagon. My vehicle is a large SUV. I am also at odds with the manner in which they fined me. A traffic detail using 2 officers in separate locations. The officer that pulled me over was not the officer that clocked me. The officer that pulled me over said I and another vehicle were doing 15 over the speed limit and he admitted that he was not the one that had "clocked" me.I completely disagree! I had been stopped at a red light just moments before passing the cop with the laser device. I have been driving for 20+ years and have never had a violation! Is it worth my while to contest this? And if so what is the procedure?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The information that is not filled in doesn't matter and the fact is that your "SUV" IS a "station wagon" (we just don't like to call them that any more)

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The issues you raise are not very meaningful and will probably get you nowhere in court. The missing information is not significant and the SUV vs station wagon thing is totally irrelevant.

The fact that the officer who measured your speed did not issue the ticket is also irrelevant - it's perfectly legitimate and enforcement is done this way all the time.

Congratulations on your fine driving record but it will do you no good with this charge. You can obviously fight it but your chances of winning are close to zero based upon your arguments.

If you're that convinced that you're right then you should consult with an attorney about your case. Of course, you are completely ignoring the core issue here - whether or not you were, in fact, speeding.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">