• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

major vehicle problems (PA)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tomac

Pennsylvania--

In a bad ending to a normal night, I let somebody drive my car. They street raced, ran from cops, crashed, then dropped it back off to me and told me to "avoid main roads, because somebody might be looking for you" and then left. I get home to find the police there, who explained what happened while the person had my car (i didn't know until then). Since I didn't know the person who drove my car and don't know where to find them, the police say that I am going to be charged with speeding, street racing, evasion, and leaving the scene of an accident. This means loss of license, heavy fines, and even jail time for something I didn't do. There's gotta be something I can do, but IANAL, so I don't know. Help!

stephenk

Let's see, you let someone drive your car, BUT you dont know who they are or where they live.

Judge: What is the story here?

You: Well, some guy wanted to drive my car and I let him and he did all these horrible things. I am innocent. The police arrested the wrong guy.

Judge: What is this other guy's name?

You: I dont know.

Judge: Do you have any idea where he lives?

You: No.

Judge: Well, how do you know him?

You: Uh, uh, well, he asked to drive my car and I let him. Never met the guy before in my life.

Judge: Guilty. Bailiff take him away and dont forget to give him his complimentary tube of K-Y.

abezon

I don't suppose you can scrape up an alibi witness who can testify that you were elsewhere when the street racing occurred? One who can testify in court without getting picked up on an outstanding bench warrant?

T

tomac

my best friend was with me, the police officer admitted to not seeing two people in the car. the person driving the other car also didn't see two people in it.

K

Kaz the Minotau

You need to give up the name of the name of the person that had your car. You are the owner it is your responsibility. Why didn't you just tell the officer the whole story? Can I use your car? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Bravo8

Hold on......my BS meter just went through the roof! Gotta change the fuse....this will only take a second........

M

Meenatoad

You might as well turn yourself in now. Your friend will eventually rat you out to avoid his own trouble. No sense in making it worse for yourself.

Bravo8

You know, I loaned my car to some guy the other day. I don't even know his name. Hell, maybe it wasn't even a guy. The he robbed a bank! Can you believe it?!?!

For the record, I have no idea where all this money came from.

K

knorris

Do you really think ANYONE will buy that load of BS????
oh hold on a moment, theres a stranger at my door wanting to barrow my car. Let me get the keys for him, NOT. It should be illegal to be an idiot. :D

B

bripam777

tomac... please come back and post, I believe you now have a crowd waiting to see if you can get any more stupid..... waiting.....waiting........

Note to tomac: Never try to defend an indefensible position.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">