• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

making a right turn at red light?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vchandler

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? georgia
I made a right turn on red light ;at the time the ticket was issued I told the officer I didnt see any sign informing me no turn on red. A week later I was in disbelief about an actual sign being there so I drove back over to this exit just to see for myself; To my surprise there was a sign posted! about two car lengths back on my right side of this exit. This sign was not visible to me because I was the only driver coming off the ramps exit this particular early morning therefore I was able to go straight to the red light and I'd past the sign that was posted. Again I feel as though an injustice had been done to myself and others that didnt notice this sign because of its location. I'd noticed the officer standing about a block from the light, I follow all traffic signs so I would had never turned in the officer face if I'd decided to break the law; I was under the impression I was following the law coming to a complete stop and checking both ways before turning. This sign was not posted at the red light as signs usually are, it was posted to far back on my right side and unless I'd come to a stop at the light at least 2 car lengths behind me the sign could not be detected. Now almost a month has past I go back with a friend to video the location of the sign and now they've posted a new sign on the traffic light you are facing once you come off this exit! Any suggestions on how to fight this unfair situation? I feel as though the city must had recieve a lot of complaints in reference to this officer on this particular day giving out so many citations. Is there a way I can find out the date the city posted this new sign? Please if any one can help me out please do. Thank you in advance

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Assume a "LARGE" car is about 16' long. 32 feet before the intersection is definitely close enough that any driver who is paying attention will see it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">