• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marked lane violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dreamcaster187

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Hey guys,

I just got a ticket for a "marked lane violation"

There is two lanes, and the directions you can go in are marked by barely visible white arrows. There is also a stoplight. On the left lane, you're supposed to either go straight or left. In the right lane, the only way you should go is right. I went straight from the right lane, as people were turning left, and that's what the "marked lane violation" was.

Because the arrows are barely visible, do I have a worthwhile appeal?

Also, does anyone know what court code "032" is? It appears at the top of the citation.

Thanks

HomeGuru

dreamcaster187 said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Hey guys,

I just got a ticket for a "marked lane violation"

There is two lanes, and the directions you can go in are marked by barely visible white arrows. There is also a stoplight. On the left lane, you're supposed to either go straight or left. In the right lane, the only way you should go is right. I went straight from the right lane, as people were turning left, and that's what the "marked lane violation" was.

Because the arrows are barely visible, do I have a worthwhile appeal?

Also, does anyone know what court code "032" is? It appears at the top of the citation.

Thanks

**A: what directions did the signage have?

D

dreamcaster187

I *think* one has a left and straight arrow, and the other has a right arrow, but no straight arrow

it's hard to see with all the traffic coming out of the college

there's also no "right lane is for right turn only" sign.. I don't know if that is in my favor or not.

HomeGuru

dreamcaster187 said:
I *think* one has a left and straight arrow, and the other has a right arrow, but no straight arrow

it's hard to see with all the traffic coming out of the college

there's also no "right lane is for right turn only" sign.. I don't know if that is in my favor or not.

**A: go back to the scene of the infraction and document the facts. We can only help you based on concrete evidence using the lane demarcations and the lawful signage together with the applicable traffic laws.

D

dreamcaster187

I just came back from the place where it happened, and I took some pictures. I did find a place that had an arrow pointing right and the word "only" underneath it. However in the heavy traffic, that was not visible and I changed from the center lane to the right lane after the traffic in the right lane moved ahead, and I was past the point where it said right only.

http://www.0wnage.net/incident.html

Give it a sec, it may take a bit to load, there are a few full resolution pictures on that page.

I made my lane change from the left lane to the right at about the spot with the fence at teh top right corner of the first picture. I did this after a line of traffic had just moved past me and through the light.

Should I even waste my time appealing this?

Last edited:
C

curt7974

Usually there are signs suspended above the intersection where heavy traffic is likely to be. Check with your State/District department of trasportation to see if, in their opinion, that the right turn only signage is proper. You could send them the pictures you took and explain your situation. Then maybe you could get them to respond in writing that the intersection is not adequately marked. This would probably go a long way for your defense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">