• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marked lanes violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roger1krr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachisetts

so like the title states i got a ticket for market lanes violation for $100
the fine seems a little high for me,
now i was at the light, 2 lanes, left lane for left and straight and right lane for right only, i was in left lane and going straight, now after light is one lane road but for like 200 feet is still 2 lanes, i was driving a motorcycle and i moved from a lane to other like twice through the cars and maybe passed another car where was already single lane but plenty room for 2 cars

do you think is worth it to take it to the court?
and if you know, how many points would ad this to my record/insurance?

thanx

FlyingRon

Lane splitting is not legal in Massachusettes.
Driving over solid lines is not legal.
I'm not sure exactly what you were doing, but it sounds like you were violating one or more of these.

$100 is a drop in the bucket as far as fines go.
2 points.

Orcons

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachisetts

so like the title states i got a ticket for market lanes violation for $100
the fine seems a little high for me,
now i was at the light, 2 lanes, left lane for left and straight and right lane for right only, i was in left lane and going straight, now after light is one lane road but for like 200 feet is still 2 lanes, i was driving a motorcycle and i moved from a lane to other like twice through the cars and maybe passed another car where was already single lane but plenty room for 2 cars

do you think is worth it to take it to the court?
and if you know, how many points would ad this to my record/insurance?

thanx

Check with your insurance agent to see what the hit to your insurance would be. Since we have competition in MA it will depend on your company but if their practices are similar to what they were before competition the insurance hit will be what you have to worry about.

As far as fighting it, I would recommend trying your luck with the magistrate - you may get off and if you don't the only additional cost will be your time. Even if you lose with the magistrate it will only cost you $20 plus your time to take it before a judge. Send a letter to the police dept that cited you asking for a copy of both sides of the officer's copy of the ticket - that will give you an idea of what he or she will testify to if it gets to a judge (and what the prosecuting officer will have to go on before the magistrate.)

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">