• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maryland ticket (NC Resident)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

redbass18

Hi, I am a North Carolina resident and received a speeding ticket in Maryland (somerset county) two days ago for going 72 in a 55mph zone (17mph over). I received a ticket in VA last year, but it didn't show up on my record, luckily. I am struggling to decide what to do. The NCDMV claims that an out-of-state violation "may" go on the NC record if it is such that it would warrant points in NC. In NC, 15mph over can result in 30-day suspension of liscence. So i'm thinking there's no way that maryland won't report this to NC. Should I hire a lawyer? I am tempted to take a gamble and just pay the ticket, hoping it doesnt end up on my nc record. does anyone know the frequency with which non-contiguous states actually share traffic violation info with each other? Thanks for your help!!

V

Vincent Cosent

From what Ive read

I got the impression that its kind of like the multi state lotterys where states got together to share traffic info.If you know what states belong to the same club then you would know if they share. I feel like you and would take the chance because NC and MA are far apart.Dont know about frequency though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">