• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Massachusetts JOL speeding suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hanson6363

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

When I was 17, I was pulled over for speeding by a local cop. Given a ticket, that I later payed and then received the notice that my license was going to be suspended for the speeding violation. Now, I'm 18 and currently living in Maine and I'm looking into getting my license back. As far as a I can tell, Maine doesn't have the same laws where a driver under 18 will get his/her license suspended if they're found guilty of speeding. So therefore will I be able to get my license in the state of Maine even though it is still suspended in Massachusetts?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

When I was 17, I was pulled over for speeding by a local cop. Given a ticket, that I later payed and then received the notice that my license was going to be suspended for the speeding violation. Now, I'm 18 and currently living in Maine and I'm looking into getting my license back. As far as a I can tell, Maine doesn't have the same laws where a driver under 18 will get his/her license suspended if they're found guilty of speeding. So therefore will I be able to get my license in the state of Maine even though it is still suspended in Massachusetts?
Nope - suspended in one state, suspended in them all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">