• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Matters set for compliance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mbworldz

California Los Angeles Pasadena Superior Court House

I got a ticket back in Feb, 2015. A lawyer represented me at court on the trial date 6-29-2015. But he didn't get back to me how the case went. I went online and check the ticket status, it shows "Matters set for compliance" also I see a new appearance date 12/29/2015 in CLK. What does that "Matters set for compliance" means?

Does it mean I have to pay for the fine?
Will I still get a point from DMV?
Why would I have a new appearance date?

Thanks
MB

Ladyback1

California Los Angeles Pasadena Superior Court House

I got a ticket back in Feb, 2015. A lawyer represented me at court on the trial date 6-29-2015. But he didn't get back to me how the case went. I went online and check the ticket status, it shows "Matters set for compliance" also I see a new appearance date 12/29/2015 in CLK. What does that "Matters set for compliance" means?

Does it mean I have to pay for the fine?
Will I still get a point from DMV?
Why would I have a new appearance date?

Thanks
MB
You didn't appear for your own court date??

And Google is your friend!
http://helpwithtrafficticket.com/los-angeles-traffic-ticket-search/
from the above link:

Matter Set For Compliance

If the traffic ticket status says “matter set for compliance“, that means your only option is to pay the heavy fine because you failed to pay the original fine by the due date. We cannot help you in this situation and the only advice we can give you is to go to the court listed on your ticket in person and pay the fine completely to remove the license hold.

FlyingRon

If I had to guess, I'd say you lost at trial (despite the lawyer) and you subsequently didn't pay the fine.
Have you not been able to contact the attorney at all? "My lawyer never called me" is not an excuse for not paying if you were found guilty.

mbworldz

My question regarding the fine. I am confused.
I pleated not guilty and hired a lawyer for my case. Basically I don't need to goto the court, my lawyer will represented me.
So last Thursday was my trial. He went there for me. But even though that same day the judge told my lawyer I need to pay for the fine.
How will I pay for it, I wasn't there at the court right? Unless I am over there with my lawyer to see the whole progress in court, then I can pay the fine same day. This is what I don't understand.

Also from the ticket status, the last line saids "new appearance date 12/29/2015 in CLK"
So we have another trial ???

I called the law office, the clerk said it takes 3-7 days for my lawyer to write me the report. So today is the 5th day. May be I get to hear from him on Monday.
But just for curiosity, I wonder what that "Matter Set For Compliance" means. I did google it before I posted it here. But that doesn't answer my question.

The only thing I know is I need to pay for the fine. But why would I still have a new court appearance date on 12/29/2015 ? If I already lost the trial. Whats the point to goto court again on that date???

If I had to guess, I'd say you lost at trial (despite the lawyer) and you subsequently didn't pay the fine.
Have you not been able to contact the attorney at all? "My lawyer never called me" is not an excuse for not paying if you were found guilty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">