• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Messed up radar in NJ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JasonJJT

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

HI, I was wondering if anyone can help with a ticket I just recieved. I was traveling down 295 in NJ when my girlfriend noticed a police officer on the other side of the road but I didn't think anything of it as i looked down and was going just under 70 and the speed limit on the road is 65. The officer was comming from the other direction and the point where we passed eachother was just under a overpass where there were guardrails and large concrete pillars. I continued to drive and looked back and saw that the officer had abruptly turned around right after the guardrails under the overpass and came up the left lane behind me and eventually pulled me over. At this point I couldn't firgure out why I was pulled over, maybe an out headlight. Anyway, he came up and asked if I knew why I was pulled over and I said i don't know. He then asked me if I knew the speed limit which I said was 65. He then said I was going 82. I know I was not going anywhere near 82. I saw the police officer the entire time and never was I over 70. I told him there was no way and he replied I have been doing this for 20 years and that even following up behind me I was still going close to 82. At this point I know that having the overpass between us could have caused errors on his gun but what is stopping him from just basically lying and to say I was going 82 when he was behind me. Will it help if I have my gf come to court as a witness? If I use the laws of discovery which im not sure NJ has would they give up the video from the police car if he had one? This is going to be a hefty fine of around 450 dollars and I truly believe I am innocent of this ticket. Any suggestions would help.

Thank you in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">