• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Michigan Driver Responsibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Froyn

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Could someone please explain to me how the Driver Responsibility fees are Constitutional since they were never voted upon by the citizens of Michigan? :confused:

You're paying twice for the same crime. Another way to look at it would be taxation without representation, wouldn't it?
I'm willing to accept any logical arguments as to how this is constitutional aside from the way it was written and that someone signed it.

Last edited:

bclincy

Michigan's Biggest Progressive Tax Driver's Responsibility

Michigan has sunk to an all time low with the driver's responsibility. I would really like to know if this law could be looked at as cruel and unsual punishment. The only thing that happens is you get in a bigger hole than you were before.

Everything is tied to your driver's license, and this law is pure exploitation of the fact you can't get anywhere with a driver's license.

Please let me know if there is a way to fight this battle in court.

Brian Clincy

:confused:

FlyingRon

Enabling legislation. The legislature vests authority with the DMV to regulate transportation within the state and to establish fees. You think the lazy-assed legislators want to micromanage every aspect of state operation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">