• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misdemeanor Citation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VPass

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada.

Ok, so here is the story:
My friend needs me to give him a ride to look at some condos, on the way back we are trying to find the high way so he is giving me directions.

Im in the far right lane, There is no traffic present at the time as the light behind me appeared to be red. He tells me i need to be in the far left lane to change into the next left, so in a hurry, i look, no traffic, and make the lane change, then go a bit ahead, and lane change again. I forgot to use my signal the first lane change. Aparently there was a motorcycle cop stopped at the other light, so he got behind me in the Only left lane i was at. When the light turned green and we went ahead, he turned on his lights and stopped me. He told me i made an illegal turn accross 3 lanes. I told him what i wrote here, and he proceeded to give me the ticked and sign the electric thing.

The ticket states the following:

Unsafe turning movement / lane change / maintain lane Code 806
to wit: Unsafe lane change
Lane change on marked highway after appropriate signal Code 514
to wit: Failure to signal

The cop was a Metro PD.

There is no fines in the ticket, just says that i have to go to court any day up to a certain date (tomorrow).

So, Any recommendations? Is there anyone at the court that will be able to help me out? Etc.
Advice please.

Last edited:

I_Got_Banned

Code sections 806 & 514 do not exist in the NRS link you provided. Are you sure you were not cited with municipal code violations? What city were you cited in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">