• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missed the court appeal because didn't receive court hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT
I didn't receive any notice after I sent back a speed ticket to ask for an appeal of a speed ticket. A few months later when I called the office, I was told I already missed the court appeal time, so I was told I had to pay the ticket.
Do I still have the legal right to appeal because of not receiving the court hearing notice or I have to pay the fine now?

Appreciate your advice.

racer72

Your terminology is incorrect. You don't appeal the citation, you challenge the citation. If you used that word when you called in, there is likely some confusion. I would suggest going to the court house and verify all the information is correct. If there was an error in the notification, you will be given a chance to reschedule. If there were no errors, be prepared to pay the fine.

FYI, the word appeal is used when someone challenges a guilty verdict.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">