• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mistake on ticket question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

behrlem

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

#1. I was pulled over for ORS 811.147 and the police officer wrote the WRONG violation on my ticket. He wrote ORS 811.145 which is NOT what I was pulled over for.

#2. I got my ticket on June 17th and on June 2nd HB 2040 was passed and will go into effect January 1st 2010 (unfortunatly for me) which further explains what you need to do which is if you are on a two lane highway you must slow down at least 5 miles under the speed limit. The police officer DID NOT include my speed on my ticket- he just scribbled out where the speed should be. The posted speed was 55 and I did slow down and I believe he said I was going 47. There was a car ahead of me that I was following and the police officer said that car was going slower than me and that is why he pulled me over.

#3. When he pulled me over he said I had to slow down to 25 mph which is not correct.

Can I bring these items up in court?

racer72

Quit posting the same questions. You received answers in your other post. We can't help it if you don't like the answers.

behrlem

Wow. I actually did not recieve an answer in my other post. I had more information to give so I posted again.

I don't think I would have posted at all if I had known I would get such a catty response. I was not rude or mean and I did not deserve that type of response!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">