• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mitigation hearing on traffic ticket in WA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

assmaster

In October 2005 I got a ticket and requested a mitigation hearing. I just today got a notice of hearing. The notice is dated yesterday and the hearing in on the 15th. I can't believe it took so long! There was a notice saying I could have the hearing by mail, but it had to be received within 7 days of the hearing date. I called them and told them that was impossible, and they said that I could send it late. But then I was reading about rules related to the hearing date, and it seems that they are in violation of them. here's a link to the rule: http://www.courts.wa.gov/court_rules/?fa=court_rules.display&group=clj&set=IRLJ&ruleid=cljirlj2.6

Unfortunately, I don't totally understand it, and don't understand if I could get the ticket dismissed (or how to file any kind of motion) Could anyone help?? Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">