• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motorcycle permit.. Night trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skerzz

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Last night I was riding home from school on my motorcycle, I had planned to be at my 7pm class for only 5min to turn in my essay, long story short the class ended up going the full time until 9:40pm. On my way home I got pulled over by a police officer for having no rear plate.(bike is brand new) He checks my liscense and sees that I only have a permit. In California you can't ride at night with a permit. He writes me a ticket (infraction) for driving with out a liscense. (on the ticket he wrote driving at night with a permit) What should I do? Anyone have an idea what the penalty is for driving outside of your permit restrictions? I plan on bringing a copy of my class schedual, and proof that a paper was due that day to show the judge. I am going to try to get my liscense before I have to go to court too. Any advice/ insight is appreciated.
thanks

Also: the officer said that if he sees me riding around, even during the day, he is going to pull me over and impound my bike.

skerzz

Also, to add he wrote me a ticket for 12500(b) which "Requires the driver of a motorcycle to be licensed." In reality he should have give me a 12509(d) which states "Person with instruction permit shall not drive motorcycle during darkness, on a freeway, or with a passenger." someone please help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">