• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motorcycle Speeding Ticket Qs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

R1200CRider

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I just got a speeding ticket riding my motorcycle.
According to the cop I was going 58 in 40mph zone. It happened on an emty rural road with nothing but fields around (and just enough bushes to hide his cruiser).

I was a little surprised that the cop did not ask me to take off my wraparound sunglasses and my full-face racing helmet. This basically means that he has no idea what I look like. I have heard that if I do go to court the officer should be able to ID me, which he can not do. Can this help me get out of the fine or am I dreaming? :confused:

K

knorris

Common Sense

I am not a cop, so I cannot tell you if such a law exsist, but sense most officers have contact with many different people it would be hard to expect that they would be able to remember the face of each individual they had stopped. like I said it's just my thinking, you may actually have a chance but I'v never heard of anything like that. good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">