• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mounting Regulation Sign Specifications

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brianzx7

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello, Thank you in advance for your help.

I am looking for the required specifications(if there are any) for the proper placement of regulation signs(speed limit). I found the sizes that they are supposed to be on mutcd.com, but not placement information such as how high from the ground and how far from the street...etc.

Does anyone know if there are requirements surrounding this? I am looking into every angle to get out of a speeding ticket I got(50 in a 35). I am checking the Engineering and Traffic Survey as well.
The street(PCH - Sepulveda in Manhattan Beach), is a long down grade and he nailed me near the bottom. It is steep enough that if I am going 35 at the top and let off the gas, my coasting will reach 50. I know that I should have been riding my brakes, but I think that is a sneaky way of getting people, so I am looking for a legal way to be cleared.

Thanks again for any info.
~Brian
:)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
By your own admission, you were speeding.
You should ask for traffic school.

We do have a resident expert at the various loopholes and technicalities you can use to avoid taking responsibility for your actions...I'm sure he'll be along soon.

Brianzx7

By your own admission, you were speeding.
You should ask for traffic school.

We do have a resident expert at the various loopholes and technicalities you can use to avoid taking responsibility for your actions...I'm sure he'll be along soon.

Really, you went there....lol.

I am looking for someone to asnwer my question, not make obvious but pointless comments.

Thanks
~B

Zigner

Really, you went there....lol.

I am looking for someone to asnwer my question, not make obvious but pointless comments.

Thanks
~B
I did answer your question. I understand that reading the English language may not be your best skill (as evidenced by your failure to read and understand your speedometer), but I *DID* give you an option.

Brianzx7

I did answer your question. I understand that reading the English language may not be your best skill (as evidenced by your failure to read and understand your speedometer), but I *DID* give you an option.

Well, I guess when it comes to getting advice, you get what you pay for....hahahahaha

tranquility

Isn't that a business district? If so, there is not a need to follow sign regulations or to have an engineering/traffic survey either. I believe that speed is statutory and you should have known it.

Zigner

Well, I guess when it comes to getting advice, you get what you pay for....hahahahaha
I'm willing to be there's a reason you don't like the traffic school option.

Please slow down...it makes the road safer for me.

Good day.

Brianzx7

Isn't that a business district? If so, there is not a need to follow sign regulations or to have an engineering/traffic survey either. I believe that speed is statutory and you should have known it.

Actually, I did the research on the type of road it is and it does require signs. I am mearly asking if there is a regulation on the mounting of signs.

If you can't give me advice on my question, please feel free to NOT to give me any advice.

Thank you
~B

Zigner

Actually, I did the research on the type of road it is and it does require signs. I am mearly asking if there is a regulation on the mounting of signs.

If you can't give me advice on my question, please feel free to NOT to give me any advice.

Thank you
~B
I advise that you not take that tone with the judge :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hey There

Ball is in your court

Brianzx7
Typing in Speed Traps in CA.on Google will bring up a website Speed Trap Exchange which when Manhatten Beach is clicked on 3 places are reported as speed traps on Sepulveda Blvd. The reference streets are Manhattan Beach Boulevard and Rosecrans Ave. The website on the same page California Speed Trap Laws lists and explains the CA. codes regarding speed traps.
If a speed trap isn't the issue typing in Placement Requirements of road signs in CA.on Google and clicking on the websites on the first page might give you the information you seek on sign placement.
Two websites Speeding Ticket FAQ and Speeding Ticket--Fighting or Plea Bargaining explain how to contest a Speeding Violation.
In Ca. a driver is entitled to a copy of the officer's notes, a copy of the video if one was made, a copy of the front and back of the Notice to Appear. Referred to as an Informal Discovery Request a one page form is available to download along with instructions on Help! I Got A Ticket! website. A copy of the form requesting Discovery needs to be mailed certified, return receipt, to the D.A. and the citing officer BY A FRIEND.
Penal Code 1054.1 designates the D.A. as responsible for providing the Discovery requested by the defendant, but it is the police dept. that has the records pertaining to traffic citatations. Another source for a form is found in the back of a book published by NOLO on contesting traffic tickets in CA.
Currently the Judicial Council (Google Judicial Council Forms)doesn't provide a form for Discovery ,but does provide a form TR200 with instructions on how to submit a Trial by Declaration and a form TR205 for the defendant to submit a written statement why his ticket should be dismissed. The forms can also be obtained from a court clerk or downloaded from Help! I Got A Ticket! or copied from the back of the book mentioned previously or simply type in Trial by Declaration on Google.
If the judge rules against the defendant ,then the driver can file for a new trial and file for a different judge if done within 20 days.
The driver can also ask for a continuance by a simple call to a court clerk if he requires more time to prepare his case.

Best Regards,
Hey There

Last edited:

JIMinCA

Brian,

I see you have met our resident troll.

The loophole that the troll refers to (I call it the LAW) is VC40802. You should read it carefully. Once you get the speed survey, you should post here what it says the "critical speed" or the "85th percentile" speed is. There are several arguments you can make successfully, the the speedtrap argument is the easiest.

The Occultist

I see you have met our resident troll.
You need to cut this out immediately. Granted, you do give accurate advice, and, more often than not, your advice in regards to traffic violations is more accurate than any insight I can offer. However, you complain about other posters, and yet insist on baiting said posters into attacking you.

Offer your insight, and leave at that. Stop this. Now. :mad:

JIMinCA

You need to cut this out immediately. Granted, you do give accurate advice, and, more often than not, your advice in regards to traffic violations is more accurate than any insight I can offer. However, you complain about other posters, and yet insist on baiting said posters into attacking you.

Offer your insight, and leave at that. Stop this. Now. :mad:
When I see you taking a similar amount of offense to the terribly misdirected posts which are directly opposed to the purpose of this board, then I'll take your above post seriously.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">