• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Move over act

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macarnagee

Igot pulled over and got a 136 dollar ticket for the move over act when a cop had another car pulled over. I couldn't pull over into the passenger lane because there was a red truck blocking me so I slowed way down below the speed limit. the speed limit in this area is 35 miles per hour I was supposed to slow down to below 25 miles per hour which I slowed down to around 15-20. Then a cop comes into my lane flying up behind me and pulls me over, when I asked the cop if he was back there clocking people he said no I was following you. Due to the fact that he did not get me on radar, he did not know exactly how much I slowed down. Do I deserve this ticket?

Banned_Princess

Igot pulled over and got a 136 dollar ticket for the move over act when a cop had another car pulled over. I couldn't pull over into the passenger lane because there was a red truck blocking me so I slowed way down below the speed limit. the speed limit in this area is 35 miles per hour I was supposed to slow down to below 25 miles per hour which I slowed down to around 15-20. Then a cop comes into my lane flying up behind me and pulls me over, when I asked the cop if he was back there clocking people he said no I was following you. Due to the fact that he did not get me on radar, he did not know exactly how much I slowed down. Do I deserve this ticket?
Thanks for erasing and ignoring our only question....

WHAT STATE. :rolleyes:

OHRoadwarrior

The wording of the law varies by state. Why could you not pull behind the truck, if you slowed? Sounds like you chose to stay in that lane, when you had the option to move in advance. Trucks aren't that long.

The Occultist

I was supposed to slow down to below 25 miles per hour which I slowed down to around 15-20.
Well, what speed were you going? Was it 15 or less? or was it above 15? You are mistaken on how much you need to slow down: Florida requires that you slow down to 20mph BELOW the limit. If the limit was 35, then your new limit became 15. If you were going 16, you were in violation of this law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">